Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blogging

I am definitely not the world's most consistent blogger. I try and blog more often but I sit here thinking of what I want to say and after a few lines I usually scrap it and move on to something else.

Blogging I have discovered takes time and patience. It involves me actually sitting at the computer and putting some thoughts together which in itself is a challenge as often my thoughts are all over the place - did I change the laundry from the washer to the dryer, did I remember to give dad his pills supper time, did I answer my e-mails, etc etc.

In thinking about my challenge in blogging it also reminded me about my devotion and quiet time with God. It is so difficult with so many stresses and distractions to often find that true quiet time with God... a time when I can actually pause from the demands of the day and just focus on Him. Psalm 46:10 says, "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." I often go to that verse when I am feeling overwhelmed and frustrated because it always reminds me to focus on what matters most - God!

May you find time in your busy day to 'be still and know that He is God'.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment