Friday, July 31, 2009

God of This Town

One of my favorite songs is a song by Chris Tomlin called
'God of this City'. If you have never heard it click on this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d61LamkXfwk

I love the lyrics of this song!

[Verse 1]
You're the God of this City
You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation You are

[Verse 2]
You're the Light in this darkness
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless You are

There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God

[Chorus]
For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City
Greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City


When I truly believe that greater things have yet to come and greater things are still to be done in the town that I call my home. I believe that the Lord has a great work to do in this town... in the hearts and lives of the seniors, adults and youth! And I am excited to be a part of it! I am praying that the Lord will continue to reveal to me His Vision for the Sunday School at my church. And I pray that in the coming days and weeks as we reach out into the community and invite other children and young people to come to Sunday School and Junior Youth Group that they will want to come and be apart of our Youth Activities. 'Greater things have yet to come!'

No comments:

Post a Comment