Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Historic Day

Today has been refered to many times as an historic day. As a Canadian I sat with my eyes transfixed on the TV screen watching as the first African American - Barack Obama was inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States of America. In his first address to the people as President he spoke much about change and how change can not just come from him and the White House but that change must come from the people of America. I watched as literally millions of people gathered in Washington today and hung on his every word. Watching history unfold before my eyes... Something to be able to tell future generations - I remember where I was on January 20, 2009. Yes today was an historic day. A day of hope, a day of change, a day of excitement.

As we look ahead on this great day to the days, weeks, months and years to come may we each remember the importance of this day... And may God Bless President Barack Obama!

No comments:

Post a Comment